“World Health Organization” thanked the UAE for its support in delivering supplies to Iran. As the UAE provided a plane that enabled the team of WHO experts and medical supplies for the Coronavirus From successfully arriving in Iran as part of efforts to contain the emerging coronavirus “Covid 19”.
UAE helps Iran to tackle Coronavirus
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization
- He expressed his great thanks and gratitude to the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi. Deputy Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces and the government of the UAE, Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
- For the support provided by providing a plane that enabled the team of WHO experts and medical supplies for the “Corona” virus From successfully arriving in Iran as part of efforts to contain the emerging coronavirus “Covid 19”.
“What we’ve seen from the United Arab Emirates is a tremendous response.”
The World Health Organisation is praising the UAE’s coronavirus readiness pic.twitter.com/EtkkmxSH9J
— The National (@TheNationalUAE) March 3, 2020
The World Health Organisation is praising the UAE’s coronavirus readiness
The Director-General of the World Health Organization – during a press conference held at the organization’s headquarters in Geneva.
- The team will work with health authorities in Iran to review ongoing preparedness and response efforts.
- As well as, Visiting relevant health facilities and laboratories, and agree on priority control measures.
- In addition to providing guidance on strengthening Prepare for areas not yet affected by the virus.
The chartered flight from our @WHO logistics hub in #Dubai ?? has landed in Tehran, #Iran, carrying our staff and medical supplies. This shipment will help #Iran to respond faster to #coronavirus. I thank Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and UAE for this support pic.twitter.com/Ateit9crI6
— Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (@DrTedros) March 2, 2020
With UAE support … WHO helps Iran to confront “Coronavirus”
The organization stated that:
- The plane that transported the technical team members contained
- A shipment of medical supplies and protective equipment to support more than 15,000 people and health care workers in Iran.
- In addition to enough laboratory groups to test and diagnose nearly 100,000 people.
Despite the differences between the two countries, the UAE is helping Iran to confront “Coronavirus”
- A UAE Air Force plane transported 7.5 tons of supplies from Dubai International Humanitarian City to Dubai.
- As well as, The International City for Humanitarian Services in Dubai packaged and shipped supplies.
- That included hundreds of thousands of gloves, surgical masks, and related materials.
- As the city is the largest logistics centre for humanitarian services and relief materials in the world.