H.H famous quote “Proper education is a safeguard against destructive ideas and misguided groups, A stable family background contributes effectively to the nation-building”
His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah,his Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad bin Saqr bin Khalid bin Sultan bin Saqr bin Rashid Al Qasimi was born in Sharjah on Sunday, 2nd July 1939 AD, 14th Jumada-I 1358 Hijri.
His Highness grew up with a deep-rooted love for his country and was able to expand his knowledge through broad education.
He completed his elementary and secondary education between Sharjah and Kuwait. In 1965, he travelled to Cairo to complete his higher education, enrolling in the College of Agriculture at Cairo University.
His Highness is the 18th Ruler of the Emirate of Sharjah in a chain of Al Qasimi Rulers since 1600 AD.
He has been at the forefront of the emirate’s cultural, economic and social development and also played a significant role in promoting cultural interaction and dialogue among nations at local, regional and international levels.
- Honorary Fellowship of Royal Institute of British Architects in recognition of his highness contributions to architecture and improving the quality of the built environment, 2 November 2018.
- Honorary membership of the Arabic Language Academy in recognition of his highness role in the Arabic language and culture service, 24 December 2015.
- Honorary Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians in London, Glasgow and Edinburgh in recognition of His Highness’s role in supporting the medical and academic community at the international level, 16 June 2015.
- Honorary President of the Arab Federation for Tourist Guides, 2013.
- Honorary President of Emirates Writers Union, 2012.
- Honorary Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, UK, 12 November 2009.
- Honorary President; Union of Arab Universities, 2009.
- Honorary President; Arab Theatre Institute, 2008.
- Honorary President; Arab Union for Astronomy and Space Sciences, 2008.
- Honorary President; Islamic International Organization for the History of Sciences, 2008.
- Honorary Member, Writers’ Union of Egypt, 2008.
- Honorary President; Egyptian Association for the Study of History, 2001.
- Honorary President; Arab Science and Technology Foundation, 2000.
- Honorary President; Council of World University Service (WUS), 1998.
- Honorary President; Sharjah City for Humanitarian Services, 1998.
- Honorary Member, Institute for Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies; University of Durham, UK, 22 October 1992.
- Honorary Member, National Geographic Society (established 1888); in recognition of his support of the diffusion of geographical knowledge and promotion of research and exploration; Washington, D.C., USA, January 2004.
- Honorary Fellow, African Studies Institute; Khartoum University; Khartoum, Sudan, 1977.
Thanks to His Highness cultural and civilizational projects, Sharjah was:
- Sharjah, Cultural Capital of the Arab, 1998.
- Sharjah, Islamic Culture Capital, 2014.
- Sharjah, Capital of Arab Tourism for 2015.
- Sharjah, Healthy City, 2015.
- Sharjah, Child Friendly City, 2015.
- Sharjah, Capital of Arab Press, 2016.
- Sharjah, Age Friendly City, 2017.
- Sharjah, Accessible City for the Physically Disabled, 2018.
- Sharjah, World Book Capital, 2019.
- UNICEF’s Child-Friendly Cities Initiative Inspire Award, 2019.
- UNESCO’s selection of Sharjah as a crafts and folk art city for the creative cities Network.